News

rss

Phi Theta Kappa Alumni Association Chartered at Motlow State Community College

Jackson, Mississippi – An alumni chapter of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society has been chartered in at Motlow State Community College in Tennessee.

Fifteen Phi Theta Kappa alumni were inducted as charter members of the alumni association in a ceremony held August 2, 2015. Tennessee Regional Coordinator Gregg Garrison and Regional Secretary Jacquiline Bumbalough served as chartering officers.

Misty Griffith and Dayron Deaton-Owens will serve as advisors for the new Alpha Xi Pi Alumni Association. Officers will include Calleb Capshaw, President; Penny Crouch, Vice-President; and Beth Kinser, Secretary.

"We are excited about what this newfound alumni association can do in aiding our parent chapter of Phi Theta Kappa at Motlow State Community College,” Capshaw said. “This is an extremely fortunate opportunity to give back to an organization and a chapter that has given so much to us."

Phi Theta Kappa’s community college-based alumni associations work to support their campus’s local chapter. These associations may support chapters with membership drives, induction needs and guidance on Society programs.

To receive an invitation to membership in Phi Theta Kappa, students must have completed at least 12 hours of coursework that may be applied to an associate degree; must generally have a grade point average of 3.5; and adhere to the standards of the Society.

Members of Phi Theta Kappa may apply for some $37 million in transfer scholarships, provided exclusively to Society members by more than 700 senior institutions. In addition Phi Theta Kappa offers members numerous opportunities for participation in honors programs, leadership training and service to their communities.

Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, headquartered in Jackson, Mississippi, is the largest honor society in higher education with 1,285 chapters on college campuses in all 50 of the United States and eight sovereign nations. More than 3 million students have been inducted since its founding in 1918, with approximately 134,000 students inducted annually.





Comments are closed.