For the 100th Anniversary of Phi Theta Kappa, Honors Institute will focus on PTK's Leadership Development Program during seminar sessions for members and certification sessions for advisors.
FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS
General Session 1 Speaker on Monday Evening, June 18 to open Honors Institute
Search and Discover: What the Internet and big data reveal about who we are
- each morning will begin with a general session highlighting film clips from the PTK Leadership Development Program curriculum which participants will discuss in seminar groups.
- Information gleaned during seminar group discussions, exercises, and collaborative learning experiences will help people grow as scholars and leaders AND participants will be able to share what they learn about varied aspects of leadership with their chapters and regions.
- On Thursday afternoon student Honors Institute participants will visit Historic Philadelphia to view the Liberty Bell and tour Independence Hall.
FOR CHAPTER ADVISORS
- During the 2018 Honors Institute we will certify (or re-certify) advisor Honors Institute participants to teach the PTK Leadership Development Program curriculum. This is an opportunity to be certified to teach the curriculum for the cost of Honors Institute registration (which also includes room and board). Space is limited to 125 advisors.
- On Thursday afternoon advisors will have the opportunity to visit the new Museum of the American Revolution.