The Association of Chapter Advisors (ACA) board includes four ACA Officers, one from each of Phi Theta Kappa's four divisions. This structure provides opportunity for advisors from each division to serve Phi Theta Kappa at the international level.
Advisors attending the Annual Convention elect a new ACA Secretary. During the four-year term as an ACA Officer, the advisor elected to serve as Secretary will automatically move up to Vice Chairman, then Chairman and Immediate Past Chairman.
Subsequent elections will occur as follows:
- In 2018, a division representative will be elected for Division I
- In 2019, a division representative will be elected for Division III
- In 2020, a division representative will be elected for Division II
- In 2021, a division representative will be elected for Division IV
The International Constitution and Bylaws call for the election of an ACA Secretary annually but does not expound on the nomination process. The following process has been adopted by past ACA Officers:
- Call for nominations for ACA Secretary Division I are now closed.
- Advisors in any division may nominate someone, but only advisors in Division I (Carolinas, Middle States, New England, New York, Ohio and Virginia/West Virginia Regions) may be nominated.
- ACA Officers cannot nominate a candidate, but they can encourage others to nominate or be nominated. The nominator should gain permission from the nominee before submitting the nomination.
- All advisors at Convention may vote, regardless of their division.