- Become a Member
- Start a Chapter
- For Senior Institutions
- Powered by Phi Theta Kappa
Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholarship
The purpose of the Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise scholarship program is to provide new Phi Theta Kappa members with financial resources to help defray educational expenses while enrolled in a two-year college in order to develop leadership potential through participation in Society programs. Up to 180 scholarships of $1,000 each, a total of $180,000 in scholarships annually, will be awarded based on applications submitted by members. The Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholarship is the Society's first scholarship program available to members to be used during the time they are enrolled in their community colleges. To apply, submit a completed Spring Common Application form online no later than May 15, 2013 at 5:00 pm, CST.
GEICO Business Student Scholarship
Students who apply for Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholarships and are declared business majors may apply for a GEICO Business Student Scholarship. The two top scoring Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise applicants who are declared business majors will each receive a $1,000 scholarship. Information on the GEICO Business Student Scholarship is included on the Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise application.
Dowell Leadership Scholarship
Students who apply for the Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholarships, attended a Mississippi high school and are currently attending a Mississippi community college are eligible to be considered for the Dowell Leadership Scholarship. One student will be named a Dowell Leadership Scholar and will be awarded a scholarship of $1,500. Information on the Dowell Leadership Scholarship is included on the Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise application.
- A student must be a Phi Theta Kappa member in good standing and currently enrolled in a community college at the time of application.
- Members must have a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA at time of application on all college-level coursework.
- Part-time and full-time students are eligible to apply.
- Members who have completed 12-36 semester hours (12-54 quarter hours) of college-level coursework by January 31, 2013, are eligible to apply. Students with fewer than 12 credits or more than 36 total credits are not eligible to apply. All coursework, even if at previous colleges, is included in the total credit count. Only remedial/developmental courses and courses for which the student has formally requested academic clemency are removed from the total count.
- Students must not hold an associate or bachelor's degree from any community college or four-year college.
- Students must enroll at a community college for the fall 2013 semester in a minimum of six semester credit hours and the spring 2014 semester in a minimum of six semester credit hours.
- The student must hold temporary or permanent residency in the country of the community college the student is attending or possess a visa considered appropriate by the college.
- The student's record must be free from suspension, probation or other disciplinary action.
- The student's record must be free from any criminal conduct, or if a convicted felon, must have completed all conditions of sentencing, including probation.
Students should submit a completed Spring Common Application no later than May 15, 2013 at 5:00 pm, CST. Independent judges will review applications and determine the Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholarship recipients. Award winners will be notified by August 2013.
Disbursements and Participation Requirement
The award will be disbursed in two equal payments of $500 per semester. The first payment will be made once the student provides documentation of enrollment in a minimum of six semester credit hours at the community college for the fall 2013 semester. The second stipend will be paid once the student provides documentation of enrollment in a minimum of six semester credit hours for the spring 2014 semester, has successfully maintained a 3.25 cumulative grade point average and has met minimum participation requirements in his or her Phi Theta Kappa chapter as outlined in the Participation Requirement Form. If selected as a scholar, full details will be provided with winner notification materials.
For more information about the Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholarship, contact email@example.com or 601.987.5741.