- Become a Member
- Start a Chapter
- For Senior Institutions
- Powered by Phi Theta Kappa
Alumni Award of Appreciation
Phi Theta Kappa chapters and regions are encouraged to publicly show gratitude to supportive alumni by nominating an alumnus for the Award of Appreciation. Nominations should provide specific examples of how the alumnus has supported the region or chapter through the following key impact guidelines:
- Collaborated with officers and advisors to assist the region, chapter and/or members to enhance engagement in Phi Theta Kappa Programs such as Honors in Action projects, C4, Five Star, Competitive Edge and CollegeFish.org.
- Increased access to the Phi Theta Kappa Experience for eligible students and promoted student engagement and success by assisting with chapter recruitment, orientation and inductions or covering induction fees for deserving students.
- Empowered chapters and regions and mentored members, challenging and assisting them to set and achieve ambitious goals for college completion and other Phi Theta Kappa initiatives.
- Lead fellow alumni in supporting the goals and projects of the region or chapter and its members through these key impact guidelines.
- All alumni are eligible for nomination, regardless of affiliation with alumni associations. Annual Convention attendance is not required for nomination or consideration for the award.
- Nominations should provide specific examples of how the alumnus supported the region or chapter through the key impact guidelines listed above.
- Nominations should be a letter not exceeding 750 words (Word or PDF format) developed by the chapter or region and emailed to email@example.com by the chapter advisor or regional coordinator to accompany the nomination form. (Advisor's email will be considered an electronic signature to the nomination.)
- Nomination emails must be received by February 12, 2015, at 5:00 pm (CST).
- Chapters and regions should nominate no more than one alumnus annually.
- An alumnus may be nominated more than once.
- Submissions will be considered property of Phi Theta Kappa and be used in the promotion of alumni engagement.
Alumni, members or advisors with questions about this award can contact Public Relations Coordinator Melissa Mayer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-984-3684 or Associate Director for Institutional Advancement Courtney Taylor at email@example.com or 601.984.3577.
2014 Award Winners
Davidson Blanchard, nominated by Alpha Delta Upsilon Chapter, Minnesota
Monica Burchi, nominated by the Michigan Region
Stephani Calderon, nominated by Alpha Mu Chi Chapter, Texas
Rhonda Cantu, nominated by Alpha Upsilon Lambda Chapter, Indiana
Jana Jenkins Causey, nominated by Beta Tau Gamma Chapter, Mississippi
Ruby De La Peña, nominated by the Alabama Region
Bethany Dixon, nominated by Chi Delta Chapter, Missouri
Candace Eldridge, nominated by Beta Delta Omicron Chapter, Texas
Rhonda Ennis, nominated by Alpha Nu Sigma Chapter, South Carolina
Julie Flickner, nominated by the Texas Region
Julie Gore, nominated by Beta Theta Xi Chapter, Iowa
Rebecca Henry, nominated by Alpha Gamma Omega Chapter, Florida
Hannah Kilpatrick, nominated by Alpha Zeta Iota Chapter, Alabama
Julie Larkin, nominated by Alpha Upsilon Alpha Chapter, Connecticut
Leigh McDaniel, nominated by Beta Epsilon Psi Chapter, Arizona
Robin Mosby, nominated by Beta Beta Tau Chapter, Georgia
April Mowery, nominated by the Illinois Region
Aaron Neely, nominated by the Kansas Region
Dolores Nelson, nominated by the Greater Northwest Region
Jenny Nelson, nominated by Alpha Omicron Gamma Chapter, Michigan
LeAnn Parks, nominated by Beta Zeta Mu Chapter, Iowa
Jeremy Pasquale, nominated by Zeta Eta Chapter, Minnesota
Breeann Pierfelice, nominated by Alpha Psi Tau Chapter, Missouri
Bill Plummer, nominated by Alpha Zeta Omicron Chapter, Texas
Rebecca Putnam, nominated by Alpha Rho Gamma Chapter, Ohio
Danny Rose, nominated by Beta Sigma Mu Chapter, Texas
Elizabeth Ross, nominated by Alpha Iota Chi Chapter, Tennessee
Ruby Sakyi-Addo, nominated by Sigma Lambda Chapter, Alabama
Diane Scholl, nominated by Middle States Region
Brittany Shearer, nominated by Alpha Iota Zeta Chapter, Virginia
Michael Shoemaker, nominated by Alpha Nu Omega Chapter, Pennsylvania
Kitty Spires, nominated by Alpha Eta Kappa Chapter, South Carolina
Danyelle Watson-Young, nominated by Rho Upsilon Chapter, Pennsylvania
Tina Wegner, nominated by the Wisconsin Region
Terri Williamson, nominated by Beta Gamma Epsilon Chapter, Ohio
Peggy Wunderlich, nominated by Beta Eta Alpha Chapter, Iowa
2013 Award Winners
Antonio Bryant nominated by Alpha Phi Nu Chapter; Craven Community College (NC)
Monica Burchi nominated by Beta Lambda Kappa Chapter; Macomb Community College (MI)
Beth Boyle Carraway nominated by Carolinas Region
Heather Clippinger nominated by Alpha Nu Lambda Chapter; Clark State Community College (OH)
Maryann DeStefano nominated by Middle States Region
Matthew Fisher nominated by Psi Kappa Chapter; St. Philip's College (TX)
Suzanne Foley nominated by Alpha XI Mu Chapter; Henry Ford Community College (MI)
Julie Gore nominated by Beta Theta Xi Chapter; Des Moines Area Community College (IA)
Sondra Holbert nominated by Alpha Rho Gamma Chapter: Washington State Community College (OH) and nominated by Ohio Region
Juliana Hughes nominated by Kansas Region
Jennifer Knee nominated by Alpha Nu Omega Chapter; Harrisburg Area Community College (PA)
Lynda Lichti nominated by Alpha Tau Epsilon Chapter; Delaware County Community College (PA)
Cynthia Mason nominated by Kentucky Region
Sherry Mayfield nominated by Beta Zeta Omega Chapter; Pulaski Technical College (AR)
Yves-Laurent Muls nominated by Beta Gamma Alpha; Washtenaw Community College (MI) induction ceremony
Connie Myers-Kerr nominated by Alpha Alpha Alpha Chapter; Zane State College (OH)
Sara Oswald nominated by Alpha Eta Kappa Chapter; Midlands Technical College (SC)
Sandra Raska nominated by Beta Beta Phi Chapter; Texas State Technical College (TX)
James Norman Rogers nominated by Alpha Mu Chi Chapter; Northeast Texas Community College (TX)
Kenneth Ruemke nominated by Alpha Alpha Rho Chapter; Lone Star College-North Harris (TX) and nominated by Texas Region
Leo Savage-Low nominated by Beta Theta Kappa Chapter; Butte College (CA)
John Sharpe nominated by Alpha Nu Sigma Chapter; Horrey Georgetown Technical College (SC)
David Sigmund nominated by Stark State College
Jesus Sosa nominated by Omicron Psi Chapter; Grayson College (TX)
Judy Turman nominated by Alpha Omicron Chapter; Tyler Junior College (TX)
Tina Vandewater nominated by Beta Delta Omega Chapter; San Jacinto College (CA)