Access to PAM and Collegefish.org will be disabled due to routine maintenance from Sunday, September 21 at 5pm CDT to 7am CDT Monday, September 22.
Campaigning for International Office
At every Annual Convention, chapter voting delegates elect five new International Officers: International President, Division I Vice President, Division II Vice President, Division III Vice President and Division IV Vice President.
International Officer responsibilities include presiding at the Annual Convention and the Honors Institute, promoting Phi Theta Kappa programs by delivering speeches and workshops at regional meetings and communicating with the chapters located in the International Officer's division. Find out more about the Society's four divisions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is International Office for you?
Only five members each year are elected at the Annual Convention to serve as International Officers - the highest position of student leadership in Phi Theta Kappa! It is an awesome responsibility that comes with awesome benefits.
What Do International Officers Do?
The major responsibilities of International Officers include:
- Presiding at the Annual Convention and Honors Institute.
- Giving speeches and workshops at regional meetings promoting Phi Theta Kappa's programs.
- Writing articles for Society communications.
- Participating in their local chapter activities.
- Setting goals for their term in office.
What Are the Rewards of Serving?
Phi Theta Kappa Headquarters provides International Officers with the following benefits:
- A life-changing leadership experience that develops public speaking, goal setting and organizational skills.
- Travel/accommodation expenses for all Headquarters-approved travel to regional conferences, Honors Institute, Annual Convention and other conferences.
- A $700 stipend each semester to help cover personal officer-related expenses (clothes, drycleaning, childcare while traveling, etc.).
- An Apple® iPad.
- A $2,000 scholarship and the International Officer pearl-accented lapel pin upon successful completion of term in office.