- Become a Member
- Start a Chapter
- For Senior Institutions
- Powered by Phi Theta Kappa
Honors Case Study Challenge
Phi Theta Kappa chapters and individual members are invited to participate in the Honors Case Study Challenge. Take the challenge for an opportunity to WIN $500!
In an effort to encourage scholarship while promoting civic engagement among college students, Phi Theta Kappa has issued the Honors Case Study Challenge. The Challenge provides chapters with the opportunity to supplement their Honors in Action research based on the Honors Study Topic, with the use of newspapers of varying viewpoints. The Challenge also provides members an enhanced learning experience through the use of newspapers and encourages them to stay abreast of current events.
Phi Theta Kappa challenges you to read the newspaper daily and create an Honors Case Study based upon your reading.
- Be one of four winners of $500!
- Be recognized on stage at the 2015 Annual Convention in San Antonio, Texas!
- Read newspaper articles of varying viewpoints between Wednesday, January 1, 2014 and Monday, November 3, 2014.
- Select four to five articles on a single topic related to the Phi Theta Kappa Honors Study Topic
- Record the headline, byline, section name (News, Money, Life, Sports), publication date, and page number(s) for each article selected.
- Write a one-page (maximum 500 words) Case Study summary of the topic and why the topic was chosen.
- Write an essay (maximum 200 words) on the future implications of the Case Study topic.
- Pose three to five open-ended discussion questions related to the topic.
- Suggest up to six resources for additional study.
- Complete the Honors Case Study Challenge Entry Form
- Submit your entry via email to email@example.com by Monday, November 3, 2014.
Challenge ends November 3, 2014!
Meet the 2013 winners, and view their winning entries.
For more information about the Honors Case Study Challenge, contact Key Services at 800.946.9995.