We will be conducting routine maintenance on Phi Theta Kappa websites from 2:00pm to 6:00pm CDT, Saturday, April 25. During this time you may experience login and access issues. We appreciate your patience.
2014 Honors Institute: R&R Day
On Thursday, June 19, no activities or events are scheduled for R&R Day. Honors Institute participants are responsible for all fees, including transportation, admissions, breakfast, lunch, and dinner on R&R Day.
Here’s just a small sampling of what St. Louis offers.
- Forest Park offers 1,400 acres of land for in-line skating, biking, walking, running, golf, tennis and other sports and activities; the Saint Louis Art Museum; the Saint Louis Zoo; the Missouri History Museum and the St. Louis Science Center.
- Many professional theatre and music venues, including the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra, Opera Theatre of St. Louis, Dance St. Louis, the MUNY in Forest Park, Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, the Pageant, and the historic Fox Theatre are located just minutes from Washington University.
- Professional baseball (Cardinals), football (Rams) and hockey (Blues) teams call St. Louis home.
- Shopping and dining venues abound at locations as diverse as the historic 894 Union Station, the close-to-campus St. Louis Galleria mall and several eclectic and historic neighborhood districts including nearby Clayton; Laclede’s Landing along the Mississippi riverfront; Soulard, one of the city’s oldest neighborhoods; the “Hill,” a traditionally Italian neighborhood; the Central West End near the university’s medical center; and the University City Loop, just a short walk from the Danforth Campus.
- The Missouri Botanical Garden is the first of its kind established in the United States and includes plant species from around the world as well as a Japanese Garden and the Climatron, a geodesic dome inspired by the work of R. Buckminster Fuller.
- Washington University boasts some of the area’s premiere cultural offerings, including the Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum.
- In the neighborhoods beyond Washington University you will find the Central West End (theCWE.com) and the Delmar Loop (VisitTheLoop.com).
More links about the St. Louis Area
26 Reasons to Appreciate the Hidden Gem of St. Louis Read More>>
Explore St. Louis Read More>>
Getting Around St. Louis using Metro Transit Read More>>