PTK.org will be temporarily unavailable Sunday, November 2, from 5-7pm CST. We appreciate your patience as we improve your user experience.
Phi Theta Kappa Announces 2014 Region Award Winners
Jackson, MS - Phi Theta Kappa regional award winners will be honored during NerdNation 2014, the annual convention in Orlando, Florida, April 24-26. Awards will be presented at regional meetings during NerdNation, and recipients will receive recognition during the Parade of Flags Ceremony in the Opening General Session. Phi Theta Kappa is made up of a total of 30 regions.
The Regional Milestone Awards recognize a significant accomplishment and/or renewed enthusiasm among existing regions and superior achievements of newly organized regions. The award is based on quality of regional programming and other supporting evidence.
The 2014 Regional Milestone Award winners are:
- Illinois Region - David Elder, Regional Coordinator
- Iowa Region - Sima Dabir, Regional Coordinator
- Missouri Region - Jo Fritts, Regional Coordinator
- Nevada/California Region - Charles Klein, Regional Coordinator
- New York Region, Alexander d'Erizans, Regional Coordinator
The 2014 Distinguished Regions are:
- Alabama Region - Nora Lee, Regional Coordinator
- Arizona Region - Helen Smith, Regional Coordinator
- Middle States Region - Patricia Van Atter, Regional Coordinator
The 2014 Continued Excellence Award winners for regions are:
- Michigan Region - Dr. Kari Kahler, Regional Coordinator
- Texas Region - Debbra Esparza, Regional Coordinator