Applications are now being accepted for the 2017 Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Honor Roll. This designation recognizes the top four-year colleges and universities for community college transfer.
The deadline to apply is 5 p.m. CT on December 16. This national recognition program is open to all regionally accredited baccalaureate degree-granting institutions.
“The Transfer Honor Roll identifies colleges and universities that understand the unique needs of community college transfer students,” said Dr. Lynn Tincher-Ladner, Phi Theta Kappa President and CEO. “With this designation, we hope to connect community college students with institutions that value their unique transfer experience and prioritize their success.”
There are five areas of evaluation, as determined by the latest research regarding support for community college transfer students:
1. Institutional Partnerships and Community College Collaboration
2. Pre-Transfer Institutional Support: Outreach, Admissions and Access
3. Post-Transfer Student Engagement and Support
4. Community College Data Tracking and Institutional Priorities
5. Transfer Innovations
Winners will be notified the first week of February 2017. The top-scoring institutions will receive the following:
- A Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Honor Roll Award Press Kit
- National recognition through various media channels
- Use of the official Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Honor Roll Seal for marketing and promotion
- Inclusion and recognition in the 2017 Phi Theta Kappa Partners in Excellence publication, which is distributed to higher education leaders nationally
- Phi Theta Kappa website, press release and social media acknowledgement
- 8.5×11 certificate of recognition
View the 2016 honorees here.