Social Media Coordinator
Approved for Telecommuting
January 8, 2018
To provide leadership, development, and continual improvement of Phi Theta Kappa’s social media strategies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Write and design content for all social media channels while maintaining Society branding.
- Develop and execute the strategic content schedule for social media.
- Serve as subject matter expert on emerging social media platforms, and make recommendations on how the Organization can best utilize the technology.
- Responsible for reporting analytics for all social media channels.
- Create and implement advertising campaigns on social media channels and manage an advertising budget with guidance from the Content Manager and/or Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Responsible for monitoring and engaging in online conversations with constituents, including responding to questions and comments; coverage on nights, weekends, and holidays will be expected.
- Manage the Social Media Ambassadors program.
- Train colleagues, specifically staff, International Officers, Social Media Ambassadors, and other groups, as needed to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way.
- Understand the Marketing and Communications strategies and project plans and provide direction and multiple solution options. Support implementation of the strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or related field and one year of related social media experience, or associate’s degree and three years of related social media experience.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of multiple social media platforms, metrics, and tracking.
- Excellent skills in Adobe Creative Studio.
- Knowledge of image supply sources, copyright, and registered image uses.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and set goals and meet established deadlines.
- Professional written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively perform and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work some irregular hours as needed, including nights and weekends.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, portfolio, and cover letter/e-note to HumanResources@ptk.org.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT