Join Us for PTK Honors Institute!
Take a trip this summer to a place where learning is a passion, boundaries are pushed, and what you think you know is only the beginning!
You will find this—and more—at Phi Theta Kappa’s Honors Institute, June 10-14 at San Diego State University in San Diego, California.
Honors Institute includes four days of small group discussions, collaborative learning exercises, leadership skills development, area tours, and relationship building focused on Honors in Action, our Honors Study topic "Transformations: Acknowledging, Assessing, and Achieving Change.”
Registration for the one-of-a-kind honors event is limited to approximately 500 members and advisors. The small size creates a unique environment where participants can step beyond their norms and broaden their views of the world–resulting in personal and chapter growth.
Coming soon! Registration will open March 18.
- March 18 - May 1: $955
- May 1 - May 10: $1,055
Things to Know Before You Register:
- The 2019 Honors Institute begins with dinner at 5:00 pm Monday, June 10 and will end Thursday, June 13. Every attendee MUST check out the morning of Friday, June 14 by 11:00 am.
- Honors Institute provides attendees with the traditional college experience – including dorm life! Every attendee will be assigned a roommate (roommates are assigned using the information from each registrant’s Attendee Profile). Single room options are not available without an additional fee; no room changes will be allowed after the Attendee Profile submission deadline. We are not able to make any room changes onsite.
- Each dorm room is suite style; attendees will be sharing two bathrooms among 11 people. Every suite is equipped with a refrigerator and microwave.
- Some of the dorm rooms feature lofted, bunk-style beds. If you are physically unable to sleep in a lofted bed, you must let us know in your Attendee Profile. We will be unable to move you onsite.
- San Diego State University is a large campus; there will be a great deal of walking to move from one scheduled event to the next. To have the best possible experience, you must be able to move approximately one mile without assistance. Neither PTK staff nor SDSU staff will be able to provide transportation between events.
- Tour Day is an integral part of the Honors Institute experience. You will explore some of the historic areas of San Diego with your seminar group. These areas feature cobblestone streets, narrow sidewalks, and some hilly terrain. You must be able to navigate these areas without assistance. Tour Day takes place rain or shine.
- Every registrant will be required to read and agree to the Honors Institute Code of Conduct to attend. Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct will result in immediate dismissal from Honors Institute and communication to the college administration explaining the nature of your removal. No refunds will be given if an attendee is removed for a Code of Conduct violation.
- SDSU requires every attendee to have a valid ID to check into the dorm.
- Honors Institute is a wonderful opportunity to broaden your horizons, network, and bring valuable knowledge home to your chapter. Come with an open mind, flexibility, and a positive attitude; you will have a wonderful experience!