The Pearson Scholarship for Higher Education program provides new Phi Theta Kappa members with financial resources to help defray educational expenses while enrolled in an associate degree program, as well as provide continued financial support to Pearson Scholars in the transfer to a four-year college bachelor’s degree program. The program awards up to 10 scholarships of $5,000 each, a total of $50,000 in scholarships annually. This is a transition scholarship that is disbursed over 2 years, based on GPA and mentor requirements.

In addition, scholarship recipients will be matched with a Pearson employee professional mentor and receive complimentary access to Pearson educational materials. Pearson scholars are required to regularly meet with their mentor for the duration of the scholarship program. Ideal candidates will be civically engaged and committed to their community through service, demonstrate persistence and leadership, and show academic rigor and excellence. Preference will be given to first-generation students.

Eligibility - Students MUST:

  • Be currently enrolled in a minimum of six (6) semester credit hours [or nine (9) quarter credit hours] of associate degree, college-level coursework at the time of application.
  • Be a Phi Theta Kappa member in good standing.
  • Hold a minimum of a 3.50 cumulative GPA out of a possible 4.0 on all college-level coursework at the time of application.
  • Have completed 12-36 semester credit hours of college-level coursework (or the quarterly equivalent) by January 31, 2019.
  • NOT be an employee, or the immediate family member of an employee, of Pearson or Phi Theta Kappa or any of their respective affiliate companies or subsidiaries.
  • NOT hold an associate or bachelor's degree from any college.
  • Enroll in a minimum of six (6) semester credit hours of associate degree, college-level coursework for both the fall 2019 and spring 2020 semesters.
  • Enroll full-time in a bachelor’s degree program in a minimum of 12 semester credit hours in the fall semester following completion of their associate degree.
  • Hold temporary or permanent residency in the country of the college the student is attending OR must possess a visa considered appropriate by the college.
    • Please see our Articles Section for acceptable documents verifying proof of citizenship.