This scholarship honors Richard L. Resurreccion, a member of the Board of Directors of the International Public Safety Leadership and Ethics Institute (IPSLEI) who is widely known for his expertise in the areas of life safety, technology and emergency management.
Eligibility - Students MUST:
- Be currently enrolled at a two-year college through December 2018 in a minimum of six (6) semester credit hours [or nine (9) quarter credit hours] of associate degree, college-level coursework at the time of application.
- Be a Phi Theta Kappa member in good standing.
- Hold a minimum of a 3.50 cumulative GPA out of a possible 4.0 on all college-level coursework at the time of application.
- No courses can be marked as incomplete.
- Have completed at least 50 percent of coursework in an associate degree public safety program at a regionally accredited two-year college by June.
- Eligible public safety programs include: Criminal Justice, Fire Science, Fire Technology, Emergency Medical Services, Public Safety Administration, Emergency Management, or Homeland Security.
- NOT be a pre-major or certificate student.
- Hold temporary or permanent residency in the country of the two-year college the student is attending OR must possess a visa considered appropriate by the college.
- Please see our Articles Section for acceptable documents verifying proof of citizenship.