TITLE: Content Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Experience Officer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
WORK LOCATION: PTK Headquarters, Jackson, MS
DATE: November 16, 2021
OBJECTIVE: To manage all editorial functions for the organization and create engaging content that: promotes the PTK brand with internal and external constituencies, increases membership and partnership opportunities, and highlights the brand as a thought leader in the higher education space.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the Phi Theta Kappa brand content strategy across all channels.
- Possess the ability to think both creatively and analytically and use data to help guide the creation and implementation of content strategy.
- Manage a content team (in-house and/or freelance), including negotiating rates, schedules, and ensuring work is of a high standard.
- Grow the PTK online community and track the PTK community’s growth through analytics and metrics.
- Produce and publish content in WordPress and in printed formats, including mangaing the editorial production (editing, proofreading, layout) for three yearly journals.
- Create scripts and program content as needed for in-person and virtual events.
- Responsible for paid traffic and organic traffic content messaging strategies, including paid media campaigns.
- Understand the Marketing and Communications Department’s strategies and project plans and provide additional support to projects as needed.
- Support implementation of the strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, communications, or journalism required.
- Five years of professional content creation and writing experience, preferably in higher education.
- Thorough knowledge of community colleges and Phi Theta Kappa.
- Proficiency in marketing, advertising, editorial writing, and project management.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines, produce quality materials, and simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Professional written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Examine data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas.
- Values and promotes diversity through equitable practices and inclusion of others.
This work environment is an office-like setting with moderate noise.
- Physical Exertion: The incumbent may frequently be required to lift approximately 10 pounds and/or occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Vision: The incumbent must possess close, midrange, distance and peripheral vision; as well as the ability to identify colors, judge distances and adjust focus.
- Speaking/Hearing: The incumbent must be able to give and receive information through speaking and listening.
- Motor Coordination: The incumbent in this position is frequently required to: use their hands and reach with their hands and arms. The incumbent is occasionally required to: stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend.
The physical requirements listed for this job are not exhaustive and additional requirements may be added as needed. Corrective devices may be used to meet physical requirements.
Phi Theta Kappa is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion, where all employees are empowered to be themselves and to make their most significant contribution to our mission. We work relentlessly to celebrate our
members and provide them with the tools they need to grow and thrive. We seek to be agile and responsive to the needs of our students, to be good stewards of our resources, and to approach our work with energy and creativity.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT
Phi Theta Kappa is committed to the elimination of unlawful discrimination in connection with all employment relationships, business operations and programs. Discrimination based on gender, family or marital status, race, color, national origin, military or veteran status, economic status, ethnic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or history, age, disability, political affiliation and
cultural and religious backgrounds is prohibited.