TITLE: Graphic Designer
REPORTS TO: Chief Experience Officer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
WORK LOCATION: International Headquarters in Jackson, MS or Remote
OBJECTIVE: To conceptualize and produce compelling and engaging print, video, digital media assets and tradeshow designs that elevate and support Phi Theta Kappa’s marketing and communications objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create all graphic design and digital design needs for the Marketing and Communications team including web pages, landing pages, videos, print collateral, logos, signage for events, print and online publications and journals, reports, advertisements, and other communication materials.
- Capture and edit photos, audio, video, motion graphics, and animations, as well as complete technical tasks related to production and post-production, transportation, staging and set preparation, and appropriate equipment utilization.
- Develop and manage project specifications and time lines from conceptualization to production to result in delivery of projects.
- Create concepts and design all collateral for PTK events, including the annual three day PTK convention, including structural concepts and designs/templates, convention display structures and directional signage, and identify effective branding opprotunites throughout the event landscape.
- Facilitate design improvements using knowledge of best practices, the organization’s marketing and communications history, target audiences, and current design trends.
- Research topics, stock footage and photo resources for print and video productions, identify locations and resources, and plan photo and video shoots for needs across the organization.
- Prepare, edit, and convert quality audio and video multimedia projects for online use and distribution, ensuring that all videos are edited to convey the most effective message in an ideal length of time.
- Work effectively to manage and collaborate with internal stakeholders and external agencies.
- Support implementation the strategic plan, including other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field required.
- Three years of experience in professional graphic design, electronic media design, video production, and photography required. Tradeshow design experience preferred.
- Must be able to travel.
- Excellent skills in Adobe Creative Studio, including Premiere Pro, After Effects, CSS, HTML, and WordPress.
- Strong graphic design, video editing, writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of proper use of photography, video, audio, and lighting equipment.
- Ability to compose shots and understand framing, color, and light in photographs and videos.
- Knowledge of image supply sources, copyright, and registered image uses.
- Professional written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively perform and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, and willing to assume initiative without constant supervision.
This work environment is an office-like setting with moderate noise.
- Physical Exertion: The incumbent may frequently be required to lift approximately 10 pounds and/or occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Vision: The incumbent must possess close, midrange, distance and peripheral vision; as well as the ability to identify colors, judge distances and adjust focus.
- Speaking/Hearing: The incumbent must be able to give and receive information through speaking and listening.
- Motor Coordination: The incumbent in this position is frequently required to: use their hands and reach with their hands and arms. The incumbent is occasionally required to: stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend.
The physical requirements listed for this job are not exhaustive and additional requirements may be added as needed. Corrective devices may be used to meet physical requirements.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT
Phi Theta Kappa is committed to the elimination of unlawful discrimination in connection with all employment relationships, business operations and programs. Discrimination based on gender, family or marital status, race, color, national origin, military or veteran status, economic status, ethnic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or history, age, disability, political affiliation and cultural and religious backgrounds is prohibited.