TITLE: Membership Support Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Membership
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK LOCATION: Phi Theta Kappa International Headquarters, Jackson, MS
DATE: January 3, 2022
OBJECTIVE: To aid students, advisors and chapters related specifically to member and chapter development and engagement, membership acceptance, program participation, and advisor retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Provide high-quality customer service through assisting telephone callers, in-person guests, and online constituents (via the email ticket system and social media) with a good understanding of:
- The benefits of membership.
- Society programs that are available to members.
- Standard operating procedures for members and chapters.
- Partner programs and benefits.
- Hallmark Entries
Complete additional customer service-focused projects as assigned specially related to email and voicemail management, chapter transfers and chargebacks.
Facilitate supplemental advisor trainings.
Facilitate Cross-Departmental Training & Support
Distribute Advisor Packets.
Member Troubleshooting & IT Outreach
Monitor, evaluate and improve email ticket triggers, articles and macros to improve customer service interactions and decrease response times.
Provide daily maintenance of departmental and organizational needs and assist with special projects as assigned.
Support implementation of the strategic plan.
- Associate degree required, or equivalent combination of experience and training, which provides the
knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years of related telephone experience preferred.
- Ability to handle high call volume, respond to voicemail and email, and complete daily administrative tasks.
- Professional written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and ability to learn new software programs quickly.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills and attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to assume responsibility for duties without constant supervision.
- Examine data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas.
- Values and promotes diversity through equitable practices and inclusion of others.
This work environment is an office-like setting with moderate noise.
- Physical Exertion: The incumbent may frequently be required to lift approximately 10 pounds and/or occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Vision: The incumbent must possess close, midrange, distance, and peripheral vision; as well as the ability to identify colors, judge distances and adjust focus.
- Speaking/Hearing: The incumbent must be able to give and receive information through speaking and listening.
- Motor Coordination: The incumbent in this position is frequently required to: use their hands and reach with their hands and arms. The incumbent is occasionally required to: stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend.
The physical requirements listed for this job are not exhaustive and additional requirements may be added as needed. Corrective devices may be used to meet physical requirements.
Phi Theta Kappa is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion, where all employees are empowered to be themselves and to make their most significant contribution to our mission. We work relentlessly to celebrate our
members and provide them with the tools they need to grow and thrive. We seek to be agile and responsive to the needs of our students, to be good stewards of our resources, and to approach our work with energy and creativity.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT
Phi Theta Kappa is committed to the elimination of unlawful discrimination in connection with all employment relationships, business operations and programs. Discrimination based on gender, family or marital status, race, color, national origin, military or veteran status, economic status, ethnic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or history, age, disability, political affiliation and
cultural and religious backgrounds is prohibited.