TITLE: Shipping and Fulfillment Specialist
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
WORK LOCATION: Phi Theta Kappa International Headquarters, Jackson, MS
DATE: July 21, 2023
OBJECTIVE: To ensure the efficient, courteous, and effective operation of the Store by maintaining all responsibilities related to shipping and fulfillment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Process and ship all orders received by the Store.
- Process and ship all mailings/packages for other departments.
- Distribute all incoming mail to the Society and process all outgoing mail.
- Maintain monthly shipping reports.
- Maintain and order all shipping supplies for the Store and Society.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels and counts on the shelf and in backstock.
- Assist with inventory receiving.
- Assist with inventory reconciliation.
- Assist with daily maintenance of departmental and organizational needs.
- Assist with membership packet fulfillment.
- Support implementation of the strategic plan.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Two years of related customer service and sales experience required.
- Two years of related inventory control experience preferred.
- Professional verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to learn new software programs quickly.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills and attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to assume responsibility for duties without constant supervision.
- Examine data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas.
- Values and promotes diversity through equitable practices and inclusion of others.
This work environment is an office-like setting with moderate noise.
- Physical Exertion: The incumbent may frequently be required to lift approximately 30 pounds and/or occasionally up to 75 pounds.
- Vision: The incumbent must possess close, midrange, distance and peripheral vision; as well as the ability to identify colors, judge distances and adjust focus.
- Speaking/Hearing: The incumbent must be able to give and receive information through speaking and listening.
- Motor Coordination: The incumbent in this position is frequently required to: use their hands and reach with their hands and arms. The incumbent is occasionally required to: stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend.
The physical requirements listed for this job are not exhaustive and additional requirements may be added as needed. Corrective devices may be used to meet physical requirements.
Phi Theta Kappa is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion, where all employees are empowered to be themselves and to make their most significant contribution to our mission. We work relentlessly to celebrate our members and provide them with the tools they need to grow and thrive. We seek to be agile and responsive to the needs of our students, to be good stewards of our resources, and to approach our work with energy and creativity.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT
Phi Theta Kappa is committed to the elimination of unlawful discrimination in connection with all employment relationships, business operations and programs. Discrimination based on gender, family or marital status, race, color, national origin, military or veteran status, economic status, ethnic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or history, age, disability, political affiliation and cultural and religious backgrounds is prohibited.