Phi Theta Kappa recently recognized and honored staff members who have reached milestone years of service with the Honor Society, including Executive Director Dr. Rod A. Risley for 35 years of service.
Risley joined the staff of Phi Theta Kappa in 1977 as Director of Alumni Affairs. He was named the organization’s second Executive Director in 1985. Under his leadership, the number of Phi Theta Kappa chapters has more than doubled, with 1,285 chapters having been chartered. Approximately 130,000 new members are inducted each year.
Risley has also helped grow the Society on the international level, with chapters now existing on college campuses in Canada, Germany, the Republic of Palau, Peru, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, the Federated State of Micronesia, the British Virgin Islands, the United Arab Emirates and U.S. territorial possessions.
Staff members recognized for years of service:
20 Years of Service
- Saralyn Quinn, Senior Director of Operations and Human Resources
- Jennifer Stanford, Chief Student Engagement Officer
15 Years of Service
- Wendy Giammarco, Director of Key and Conference Services
- Melissa Mayer, Public Relations Officer
Five Years of Service
- Alison Britt, Recognition Services Inventory Coordinator
- Susan Edwards, Dean of Academic Affairs and Honors Programs
- Christin Grissom, Associate Director of Senior College Relations
- Stacy Nelson, Recognition Services Assistant
- Courtney Taylor, Annual Giving and Alumni Relations Coordinator
Three Years of Service
- Karri Chaney, Foundation Programs Specialist
- Luke Davis, Associate Director of Regional and Chapter Development
- Ron Filipowicz, Director of Senior College Relations
- Tracy Kleven, Marketing and Communications Project Manager