Need some inspiration? We’ve got ideas for your chapter for each week of Community College Completion & Transfer Month!
CollegeFish.org invites you to participate in its second annual Community College Completion and Transfer Month throughout October. Each week will have a themed focus and will feature a variety of webinars related to college transfer and completion.
“CollegeFish.org offers all community college students the opportunity to begin planning for the completion of their two-year degree and preparing to successfully and seamlessly transfer to the four-year program of their choice, with academic and financial resources in place,” said Jennifer Blalock, Phi Theta Kappa’s Chief Student Support Officer.
Phi Theta Kappa introduced CollegeFish.org in 2007. In 2012 the Society received a $2.9 million grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to enhance the website. It is now available to all two-year college students for free.
“When students invest time and energy into exploring the transfer scholarships and opportunities in CollegeFish.org, there is great potential for reward,” Blalock said. “Through Community College Completion and Transfer Month, our goal is to make sure all two-year college students know the tools that are available to them through CollegeFish.org so they can receive the greatest reward possible.”
One highlight this month is Ike CollegeFish’s birthday party on October 23. Webinars will be held live from Phi Theta Kappa Headquarters at 1 and 7 pm CST and will feature Society VIP’s detailing the impact and goals of Collegefish.org both now and for the future. Connect to the webinar at ptk.adobeconnect.com/cftraining.
Promotional materials to kick off your own Community College Completion and Transfer Month are available here upon registration, and supplies are limited. In the gray box at the top, you’ll find a link to suggested activities for each week this month.
You can also download posters and a fun video through the CollegeFish.org toolkit. And, updates, reminders, photos and more will be on the CollegeFish.org Facebook page throughout the month. Share photos from your events there as well! #hookedoncompletion #fishfanatics
Below is a detailed schedule for the month ahead. Access webinars at ptk.adobeconnect.com/cftraining.
Kick-Off Week – September 29-October 3
Let’s start building awareness of the month ahead!
- Jack Kent Cooke Scholars will share their tips on how to submit a competitive application for this life-changing scholarship. October 1 at 7 pm CST and October 2 at 7 pm CST
Search Week – October 6-10
Learn how to use the CollegeFish.org search tools to explore the more than 2,000 regionally accredited four-year colleges and universities accepting transfer students and the more than 3,000 in transfer-specific scholarships (totaling $37 million).
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships 101, featuring Scholarships Program Coordinator Heather Boyte with all the information students need to complete their Phi Theta Kappa Fall Scholarship Application, which includes the Hites and Guistwhite Scholarships! October 7 at 1 pm CST
- Scholarship Tips & Tricks featuring Scholarships Operations Director Christin Grissom, providing details on what scholarship selection committees are looking for in top scholarship selections. October 7 at 7 pm CST
- CollegeFish.org 101: Search Week will show you the ins and outs of completing the CollegeFish.org profile and searching for colleges and scholarships to save in your Fishbowl! October 8 at 1 & 7 pm CST
Select Week – October 13-17
Learn why the college you choose matters and how to make the decision that’s best for you and your future.
- CollegeFish.org Search & Select 101 shows you how to review, analyze, compare, contrast and build your Fishbowl and scholarship savings bag with the best-fit colleges and scholarships for you! October 14 at 1 & 7 pm CST
- CollegeFish.org Scholarship Resume & Essay 101 shows you how to leverage your leadership, service and academic achievements into a winning scholarship essay and application. October 15 at 1 & 7 pm CST
Secure Week – October 20-24
You’ve made your choice; now, let’s secure your admission to your dream school.
- CollegeFish.org Secure 101 will guide you through financial planning and prerequisite/course degree requirement preparation to secure your admission to the college/university/program of your dreams! October 21 at 1 & 7 pm CST and October 22 at 1 & 7 pm CST
Succeed Week – October 27-31
The end is near – let’s focus on college completion!
- Scholarship Tips & Tricks featuring Scholarships Operations Assistant Bren Quave, providing details on what scholarship selection committees are looking for in top scholarship selections. October 28 at 1 pm CST
- Succeed 101 is hosted by Joshua Scott Hancock, Phi Theta Kappa’s Associate Director of College Relations, and will give you the best strategies to successfully and seamlessly transfer to a four-year college and still be the rock star you were at your two-year college! October 28 at 7 pm CST
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships 101, featuring Scholarships Program Coordinator Heather Boyte with all the information students need to complete their Phi Theta Kappa Fall Scholarship Application, which includes the Hites and Guistwhite Scholarships! October 29 at 1 pm CST
- Join the Mississippi State University Transfer Admissions Team to learn about exciting opportunities to transfer to Mississippi State and get great tips on how to transition from a two-year to a four-year college successfully! October 29 at 7 pm CST