Jackson, MS – Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society chartered nine new chapters in eight states during 2014.
To receive an invitation to membership in Phi Theta Kappa, students must have completed at least 12 hours of coursework that may be applied to an associate degree; generally have a grade point average of 3.5; and adhere to the standards of the Society.
Members of Phi Theta Kappa may apply for some $37 million in transfer scholarships, provided exclusively to Society members by more than 700 senior institutions. In addition Phi Theta Kappa offers members numerous opportunities for participation in honors programs, leadership training and service to their communities.
In order to charter a chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, a college must be a regionally accredited institution offering associate degree programs.
During 2014, chapters of Phi Theta Kappa were chartered at the following colleges (charter date follows):
Arkansas Tech University-Ozark Campus, Arkansas
Beta Upsilon Pi Chapter
February 25, 2014
Carrington College, California
Beta Phi Alpha Chapter
June 6, 2014
Central Alabama Community College-Talladega, Alabama
Beta Upsilon Tau Chapter
December 6, 2014
Chemeketa Community College, Oregon
Beta Upsilon Omega Chapter
May 22, 2014
City College at Montana State University – Billings, Montana
Beta Upsilon Rho Chapter
January 30, 2014
Guttman Community College, New York
Beta Phi Gamma Chapter
June 19, 2014
Renton Technical College, Washington
Beta Phi Delta Chapter
June 3, 2014
Pasco-Hernando State College, Florida
Beta Phi Epsilon Chapter
October 2, 2014
West Hills College, California
Beta Upsilon Phi Chapter
May 12, 2014
Headquartered in Jackson, Mississippi, Phi Theta Kappa is the largest honor society in higher education, with 1,285 chapters on college campuses in the 50 U.S. states, Canada, Germany, the Republic of Palau, Peru, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, the British Virgin Islands, the United Arab Emirates and U.S. territorial possessions. Nearly 3 million students have been inducted since its founding in 1918, with approximately 131,000 students inducted annually.