Calling all chapter leaders! Applications to seek International Office at NerdNation 2016 are due to Phi Theta Kappa Headquarters by Wednesday, February 24. If you’re considering applying, here’s what you need to know.
By applying, you are agreeing to attend NerdNation 2016, April 7-9 in National Harbor, Maryland. International Officer candidates must arrive no later than noon on Wednesday, April 6. View the Candidate Guidelines for the full schedule.
A completed application must include
Statement of Support — As part of your application for candidacy, you are required to submit a statement of support signed by you, your advisor and your college president.
Letters of Recommendation — Candidates are required to have two signed and dated letters of recommendation:
1. A letter from a chapter advisor or member, AND
2. A letter from a non-Society constituent, such as a faculty member, college administrator or community member.
The letters of recommendation should NOT be from a candidate’s family members (parents, children, grandparents, siblings). The letters should convey more about the candidate, his/her character and his/her qualifications to serve as an International Officer for Phi Theta Kappa.
- Distributable Information Piece — Each candidate is required to provide a sketch, outline or rough draft of his/her distributable piece (brochure, pamphlet, flier, etc.) along with the Candidate Application Packet. A final draft of the information piece must be submitted no later than March 11 to ensure the information piece meets campaign guidelines. The file must be formatted as a .jpg or .pdf file.
- Official College Transcript — Each candidate will need to submit an official college transcript including Fall 2015 grades. We do not currently have the capability to accept transcripts online, so they will have to be mailed by February 24 to: Onjalai Flake, 1625 Eastover Drive, Jackson, Mississippi, 39211.
- Official Candidate Photograph — Photographs, with other application materials, must be received at Headquarters by the application deadline. Your photograph will be published on Phi Theta Kappa’s official website and in the Convention Program distributed to all persons attending NerdNation 2016. Candidate materials submitted without photographs meeting the specifications in the photograph guidelines will be considered incomplete and unacceptable. You can work with your campus Marketing Department to take a professional high-resolution photograph. You should wear your membership pin with professional attire for this photo.
Serving as an International Officer is the pinnacle of leadership in Phi Theta Kappa. Learn more about the benefits, including the $500 International Officer Finalist Award given to the Top 10 candidate finalists (two from each division plus two International President finalists) by the Oberndorf Family Foundation.
Still have questions? View this webinar.