You already know Honors Institute offers a unique look at the Honors Study Topic, How the World Works: Global Perspectives, through keynote speakers and seminar group discussions. The weeklong event also provides a breakdown of the Honors in Action program itself through a series of optional Educational Forums.
Educational Forums will be held Tuesday, June 21, and Friday, June 24, to give you an in-depth look at the Honors in Action program overall and then to take you “Beyond the Basics” of research, awareness and more.
We hope you’ll join us for one of these special presentations that are designed for chapters of every size and experience level. There are multiple options during each time frame. Here are the topics and schedule (please note that this is subject to change):
Tuesday, June 21
1. “Honors in Action 101” — introduction and overview
2. Using the Honors in Action Rubric
3. Beyond the Basics — Honors in Action Research
1. Beyond the Basics — Honors in Action Exercise of Leadership and Leadership Development
2. Beyond the Basics — Action, Awareness and Advocacy
3. College Project Best Practices
4. International Honors Certificates
Friday, June 24
1. International Honors Certificates
2. Best Practices and Problem Solving — Outreach and Collaborating with Others
3. Coaching Honors in Action
1. Beyond the Basics — Honors in Action Reflective Practices
2. Best Practices and Problem Solving — Creating Strong Honors in Action Projects in Small Chapters
3. Using the Honors in Action Rubric
The 2016 Honors Institute is June 20-25 at Wake Forest University in North Carolina. Spots are filling up fast —the regular registration deadline is Friday, May 27. See the full schedule, view the speaker lineup and reserve your spot.
Following Honors Institute, we will begin a weekly series on The Reach blog focused on these session topics to refresh what you learned and share the information with those who were unable to attend.