LinkedIn may be the No. 1 professional social media site, but that doesn’t mean it’s only for professionals. NOW is the time for you to start building your profile — and your brand.
That’s why we, in partnership with Pearson, are thrilled to offer you a series of webinars featuring Ron Nash, a LinkedIn Expert and Career Strategist.
Nash has worked as a human resources business partner for more than 20 years, providing talent acquisition and strategies to help organizations attract top talent.
He has worked with Fortune 50 to 500 companies, including Microsoft, Belkin Wireless, Samsung, Cardinal Health and LinkedIn. He led an Educational Forum exclusively for Phi Theta Kappa’s Competitive Edge members during the 2016 Annual Convention.
“We are so excited to offer this opportunity to all of our members,” said Jennifer Stanford, Phi Theta Kappa’s Chief Student Engagement Officer. “These webinars with Ron Nash will be a great complement to the workplace skills and personal and professional development we already offer through programs like Competitive Edge.”
Nash says 97 percent of human resources professional and hiring managers use LinkedIn to recruit new talent; and if you’re not on the social networking site, you’re nearly invisible to them.
See descriptions for the first two webinars below. We welcome your feedback about other professional development webinars you’d like to see. Email us at email@example.com.
How to LinkedIn: Introduction to the LinkedIn Platform
Date: Thursday, August 25
Time: 7:30-8:15 p.m. CT
Do you have your professional profile and resume available on the LinkedIn platform? Or, are you intimidated by trying to navigate the site?
Nash will share insider secrets and tips, including:
- Why you should have your profile on LinkedIn, build your personal brand now and start networking while you are still in college
- Insider tips for setting up a professional-looking profile that will set you apart from the competition when applying for a job
- Recruiter secrets to optimize your LinkedIn profile so recruiters and hiring managers will find you on LinkedIn
How to LinkedIn: Building Your Profile
Date: Thursday, September 29
Time: 7:30-8:15 p.m. CT
Learn steps that are essential to setting up your profile so you can start networking now.
Nash will break down the fundamentals of a LinkedIn profile page and cover several related topics:
- What you need to know about adding a profile picture and a background banner
- The Coach Ron Nash formula to writing an attention-grabbing professional headline
- Writing your profile summary and adding the Coach Ron Nash PAR (Problem-Action-Result) strategy
You’ll also have a chance to ask Nash questions specific to your career strategy during both sessions. And, Phi Theta Kappa members and advisors can download Nash’s book, How to LinkedIn, for the discounted price of $9.97 at CoachRonNash.com.