Phi Theta Kappa will award more than half a million dollars in scholarships to community college students who will be completing their associate degrees or transferring to a four-year college through the Fall Scholarship Application. In addition, $41 million in scholarships is available through the All-State Community College Academic Team Programs, so don’t miss out on this important opportunity!
Fall scholarships include the All-USA Community College Academic Team, Coca-Cola New Century Scholars, All-State Academic Teams, the Coca-Cola Community College Academic Team, Guistwhite Scholarships, Hites Transfer Scholarships and the GEICO Pathway to Completion Bachelor’s Degree Scholarships.
Students may apply through the Fall Application, available online now, with a deadline of December 1 at 5 p.m. CT. Remember, there are only two weeks remaining to apply.
You’ll only get one opportunity to show the judges who you really are, what you’ve accomplished in the past and what you’re capable of. Don’t waste it. Here are eight ways to make your scholarship application stand out:
1. Provide details when explaining your involvement.
2. Use numbers.
3. Do research and include examples.
4. Do not answer N/A or leave fields blank.
5. Essay calls for 500 words? Make the most of your words and get as close to the max as possible.
6. Do not fudge facts.
7. Avoid writing a sob story.
8. Remember, judges are human beings too, so show your personality.
Complete information and the scholarship application is available at the scholarship website.