Marietta College is a liberal arts college in Marietta, Ohio — the oldest settlement in the Northwest Territory, established in 1788.
The college was founded in 1835 and gives students a “strong foundation for a lifetime of leadership, critical thinking, and problem solving.” Marietta’s education is centered around seven core values:
- Liberal Arts Foundation
- In-Depth Programs of Study
- Global Perspective and Diversity
- World of Work
- The student-teacher ratio is 10:1, and the average class has 12 students.
- More than 90 percent of graduates are employed or in graduate school within six months of graduating.
- Leadership training is part of every student’s experience — the McDonough Leadership Program has been one of the nation’s most respected leadership programs for the last 20 years.
- Every major at Marietta provides an internship.
- Students come from 40 states and 10 countries.
Learn more about Marietta’s new transfer scholarship in this brief Q&A with the school’s transfer recruiters.
Tell us about your college’s new transfer scholarship for members of Phi Theta Kappa.
Marietta College is pleased to offer new transfer students a $2,000 PTK scholarship for their first year of enrollment. Marietta is proud to recognize the outstanding academic achievements of our incoming PTK transfer students.
Why does your college feel that it is important to offer a scholarship opportunity for members?
Students who have achieved the academic excellence to become a member of PTK will see academic success at Marietta College. We want to encourage PTK members to continue their journey at Marietta College to complete a bachelor’s degree at one of the nation’s best small liberal arts colleges and in a community that provides the perfect backdrop for their next adventure.
Are there other transfer scholarships that could be stacked with your Phi Theta Kappa award? If so, please explain.
The scholarship is stackable with one additional non-need-based scholarship and grant. The transfer student will receive a $1,000 scholarship each semester for one academic year.
In your opinion, what is one of the most impressive things about your college?
Marietta College has an established track record of transforming students’ lives. Many of our students are first-generation college students, and Marietta excels at providing the resources and support needed for our undergraduates to succeed in school and after they graduate.
Find more transfer scholarships exclusively for Phi Theta Kappa members at CollegeFish.org.