Phi Theta Kappa’s official fall Awareness Week is next week, September 24-28. Chapters across the country will be out in force to increase their visibility on campus and encourage eligible students to become PTK members.
Participating chapters will have the opportunity to win one of four Golden Opportunity Scholarships to waive the $60 international membership fee for an eligible student at their college. We’ll share contest rules this weekend on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Here’s a sneak peek at what we have planned. Share this schedule with your chapter members and with the eligible students on your campus.
Monday, Sept. 24:
- 10 a.m. CT: Facebook Live kickoff from Holmes Community College’s Ridgeland Campus in Mississippi
- 2 p.m. CT: Facebook Live with Division 3 International Vice President Carol Comer from Metropolitan Community College in Missouri
Tuesday, Sept. 25:
- 2 p.m. CT: Instagram Live Membership Q&A
- 4-5 p.m. CT: Webinar: Why Accept Membership in Phi Theta Kappa? Register now.
Wednesday, Sept. 26:
- 2 p.m. CT: Facebook Live Membership and Scholarship Q&A
- 5 p.m. CT: Facebook Live with Division 4 International Vice President Philippe Schicker from Citrus College in California
Thursday, Sept. 27:
- 1:30 p.m. CT: Facebook Live with International President Elda Pere and Division 1 International Vice President Won Joon Kang from Bergen Community College in New Jersey
Friday, Sept. 28:
- 12:30 p.m. CT: Facebook Live with Division 2 International Vice President David Parker from Collin College in Texas to announce winners of the Golden Opportunity Scholarships
To help you make the most of your recruitment efforts during Awareness Week and all year long, we’ve added new materials to the I AM PTK toolkit. Here’s what you’ll find:
Add one of our new I AM PTK frames to your Facebook profile picture. You can also download versions of the posters to be shared on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
We also have five sample social media posts that you can share to help spread the word about your chapter’s membership recruitment efforts. Copy the post, add personal info or chapter details, add a photo, and share with your audience!
Download a recruitment checklist to make sure your chapter is on track to bring in more eligible students than ever before. You can also download free recruitment cards to be given out at tabling events or shared with college faculty and staff.
Order a free set of I AM PTK posters while supplies last! These new posters feature five member personas that the eligible students on your campus are sure to identify with. Can’t wait for delivery? Download the files to print your own.
Download the #IAMPTK sticker template and designate a day for all of your current members to wear one on campus.
Table tents are easy to download, print, and put together. Display these in high-traffic areas to share details about your next meeting or contact info for advisors and chapter officers.
Download one of these videos and share it on your chapter’s social media page. There are short videos of each of the 2018-2019 International Officers sharing their own inspiring I AM PTK stories. Share them, then produce your own.
You can also link to the I AM PTK recruitment videos produced by real chapters for the PTK Catalyst 2018 Video Competition. The first-, second-, and third-place winners are available.
And, our always-popular “Frequently Asked Questions” video is waiting for you as well. This covers many of the questions chapters commonly get asked by eligible students.
You don’t have to figure this out on your own. Check out these 10 proven ways to recruit new members, tried and tested by real PTK chapters.