No matter your ultimate goal, PTK Edge™ gives you the edge you need to get ahead. These courses are free, online, self-paced, and offered exclusively to Phi Theta Kappa members.
Build Skills to Get Hired, Transfer Successfully, and Research in the Real World
Prep for Career in Healthcare
Healthcare Edge prepares you to successfully transition from your academic program to a career in the healthcare field.
- Learn to engage in effective patient care
- Grow communication skills with patients and their families
- Demonstrate professionalism in a healthcare environment
- Discover ways to manage self-care
- Seek and gain employment in the healthcare field
Get the Job
Employment Edge is designed to help you successfully enter the workforce.
- Chart your career path
- Develop a resume
- Build your digital footprint
- Learn how to network
- Nail the interview
- Negotiate your salary
Transfer to a University
Transfer Edge will prepare you to successfully transfer to a four-year college.
- Understand financial aid and student loans
- Create a personal transfer timeline
- Increase your chance at a selective college
- Make the most of your campus visits
- Submit a strong transfer application
- Create a scholarship resume
Set Yourself Apart
Competitive Edge is all about professional development. It focuses on soft skills and career planning.
- Learn to communicate effectively
- Boost critical thinking and research skills
- Grow your emotional intelligence
- Increase your cultural awareness
- Get organized and set goals
- Test your professional etiquette
Build Research Skills
Research Edge teaches the principles of conducting scholarly research while introducing you to Honors in Action, PTK’s honors program.
- Explore the basics of Honors in Action
- Learn best research practices
- Engage in your chapter’s Honors in Action project