- Become a Member
- Start a Chapter
- For Senior Institutions
- Powered by Phi Theta Kappa
Oberndorf Lifeline to Completion Scholarship
The Oberndorf Lifeline to Completion scholarship application will reopen in Fall 2015.
Phi Theta Kappa's Oberndorf Lifeline to Completion Scholarship will help Phi Theta Kappa members overcome unanticipated financial barriers preventing the completion of a student’s first college credential, an associate degree or certificate, while enrolled in the two-year college.
Give to Help Students Complete
Give to the Oberndorf Lifeline to Completion Scholarship and help students complete their college credential!
This newest scholarship was created by a collaborative effort between benefactors Rosemary and Lou Oberndorf, the Phi Theta Kappa Foundation, and 2011-2012 International Officers Tameka Wilson, Danielle Swartz, Esteban Smith, Sarah Yates and Jeremy Mathis.
Up to fifteen (15), one-time $1,000 Oberndorf Lifeline to Completion Scholarships will be awarded annually. The scholarship will be paid once the student has submitted documentation of enrollment in a minimum of 6 semester hours in an associate degree program and submits an official transcript showing a minimum 3.0 GPA has been maintained.
- A student must be a Phi Theta Kappa member in good standing and currently enrolled in a community/two-year college at the time of application.
- Students must post a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA out of a possible 4.0 at the time of application on all college-level coursework.
- Students must graduate within 18 months from the time of application.
- Part-time, full-time, and international students are eligible to apply.
- Students must NOT hold a previous associate or bachelor's degree from any two or four-year college.
- Students who have completed 45 semester hours or more toward their FIRST associate degree or certificate (or equivalent quarter hours) of college-level coursework are eligible to apply. (College-level credit hours completed and hours "currently in progress" are counted as completed in order to calculate the hours remaining toward completion.)
The Oberndorf Lifeline to Completion scholarship application opens March 16, 2015 and the deadline is
May 1, 2015.
For more information about the Oberndorf Lifeline to Completion Scholarship, contact email@example.com or 601.987.5741.
About Lou Oberndorf
As CEO of METI (now CAE Healthcare), Lou Oberndorf was responsible for establishing the Frank Lanza Memorial Scholarships for community college students in health care fields and served as a panelist at Phi Theta Kappa's 2011 Annual Convention presentation on college completion. Now retired, Oberndorf was a founder of METI, a world leader in medical education technology.