PTK’s Fall Awareness Week is Sept. 20-25, and we have 7 ideas for how you can get involved.
As colleges slowly get back to in-person activities after more than a year of fully remote instruction, PTK Awareness Week (September 20-25) is a great opportunity to get your chapter involved in community-building events while promoting the benefits of Phi Theta Kappa membership on your college campus.
Students returning to campus are probably overwhelmed — there is a lot to do and see. Use Awareness Week as a fun, engaging way to share your PTK experience, but more importantly, enjoy this opportunity to build relationships face-to-face, something most students did not get to do last year.
There are lots of ways to make the most out of Awareness Week, both in-person and virtually. Here are seven ideas to get you started:
1. Set a day for all members to wear PTK t-shirts and “Ask Me” stickers.
2. Host an online movie viewing. Choose a fun movie, grab some popcorn, and have a good dose of PTK fellowship with students at your college.
3. Set up a table and give away water or small treats to those on campus — there is a reason people say PTK’s hidden Hallmark is food! Giving away small treats is a great way to get students to come to your table
4. Invite your members to attend our Virtual Transfer Fair on September 23 at noon CT. students planning to transfer can meet with 35 representatives from colleges and universities across the US (and even France!).
5. Use social media to reach your college’s students. Post fun PTK content, TikToks, Instagram stories, whatever your students are into.
6. Get college faculty and staff involved — eligible students are more likely to accept their membership invitation when encouraged to do so by someone they trust. Show these PTK ambassadors your love with a special lunch or donuts with a few Phi Theta Kappa facts sprinkled in. Or, share your list of eligible students with faculty and ask that they recognize these students in their classes.
7. Be sure your chapter participates in the PTK Scholar Dash on Saturday, September 25. Funds will help support Golden Opportunity Scholarships for deserving students.
Most importantly, have FUN! Everyone is working hard to re-adapt after a year at home; use PTK Awareness Week to get to know other students in your college.
Don’t forget, we are here to support you. Tag @phithetakappa in all your social media posts for the week so we can give them some love. We can’t wait to see what your chapter comes up with.