Ronny J. Coleman Fire and Emergency Services Leader of the Future Scholarship
This scholarship honors Ronny J. Coleman, retired State Fire Marshal for the State of California, who is widely known as a certified Fire Chief and a Master Instructor in the California Fire Service Training and Education System.
Eligibility – Students MUST:
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) semester credit hours [or nine (9) quarter credit hours] of associate degree, college-level coursework at the time of application.
- Be a Phi Theta Kappa member in good standing.
- Hold a minimum of a 3.50 cumulative GPA out of a possible 4.0 on all college-level coursework at the time of application.
- No courses can be marked as incomplete.
- Have completed at least 50 percent of coursework in an associate degree public safety program at a regionally accredited college by June.
- Eligible public safety programs include: Fire Science, Fire Technology, Emergency Medical Services, Fire & Emergency Services Administration, Community Risk Reduction, Fire Engineering, Fire Prevention, or Public Safety Education.
- NOT be a pre-major or certificate student.
- Hold temporary or permanent residency in the country of the college the student is attending OR must possess a visa considered appropriate by the college.
- Please see our Articles Section for acceptable documents verifying proof of citizenship.
Kyle Golden | Eastern Gateway Community College | Ohio
Timothy Morrison | Thomas Nelson Community College | Virginia
Nicole Torres | Community College of Auroa | Colorado
Jacob Fletcher | Indian River State College | Florida