This scholarship honors Ronny J. Coleman, retired State Fire Marshal for the State of California, who is widely known as a certified Fire Chief and a Master Instructor in the California Fire Service Training and Education System.
Eligibility – Students MUST:
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) semester credit hours [or nine (9) quarter credit hours] of associate degree, college-level coursework at the time of application.
- Be a Phi Theta Kappa member in good standing.
- Hold a minimum of a 3.50 cumulative GPA out of a possible 4.0 on all college-level coursework at the time of application.
- No courses can be marked as incomplete.
- Have completed at least 50 percent of coursework in an associate degree public safety program at a regionally accredited college by June.
- Eligible public safety programs include: Fire Science, Fire Technology, Emergency Medical Services, Fire & Emergency Services Administration, Community Risk Reduction, Fire Engineering, Fire Prevention, or Public Safety Education.
- NOT be a pre-major or certificate student.
- Hold temporary or permanent residency in the country of the college the student is attending OR must possess a visa considered appropriate by the college.
- Please see our Articles Section for acceptable documents verifying proof of citizenship.
Scholarship deadline has passed.
Timothy Morrison | Thomas Nelson Community College | Virginia
Nicole Torres | Community College of Auroa | Colorado
Jacob Fletcher | Indian River State College | Florida